All of the following services are included in our comprehensive and holistic pregnancy care. All care will be fully discussed, as we believe in the power of informed consent. We encourage our clients to engage us in conversation and will gladly answer any question, so please don’t be afraid to ask. Our midwifery team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- free pregnancy tests
- complete medical history evaluation
- personalized birth plan
- newborn assessment and care
- nutrition assessment and counseling
- regular prenatal appointments for mother and baby
- physical exams as necessary
- extensive lending library of books and videos on birth, family and health related topics
- full range of prenatal laboratory work and testing
- childbirth education and referrals to local teachers
- referrals to birth kit suppliers, birth and postpartum doulas, pregnancy and birth photographers, and water birth tub rental agencies
- labor and birth care at home
- labor and/or birth in water
- breastfeeding support
- post-partum care, including home visits
- parenting support and referrals
- family planning education and referrals
- pre-conception counseling
Dr Dawn Tames is serving our mothers, babies and families in our office on Thursday afternoons. Visit her website to find out more at www.sacredtouchchiropractic.com.
Juliana Soderberg is a Medical Herbalist specializing in Western, Ayurvedic and Chinese Herbalism. Visit her website to find out more herbaljules.com.
Mother Earth Girls
Jennifer O’Connell has created a space in the FATS office full of nurturing goodness for the mind, body and soul. From organic medicinal teas and warm foot baths to intuitive card reading and circle gatherings, Jennifer created a healing space women, no matter what stage of life. To find out more about the many facets of Mother Earth Girls visit motherearthgirls.com.
Home Birth Circles
The first two Tuesdays of every month our office fills with home birthing mamas. We discuss a different topic every time we gather. The first Tuesday is strictly for pregnant mamas or new mamas with nursing babies (no crawlers or walker at this circle please). The second Tuesday of every month is open to all, mamas, papas, babies and older siblings. Some of our topics include - daily life with baby, processing your birth, pregnancy/post-partum yoga, attachment parenting, vaccinations. Please check out our Facebook page for reminders and what topic is going to be discussed http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freedom-and-the-Seed/143266607092.